Latest News

Fund of funds @JBIMS

Saturday, October 24, 2009 , Posted by TJ at 12:04 PM














I had started playing the event called fund of funds by JBIMS this week. Round 1 consisted of Four day online event. We had 10 crores /100 million rs as our initial capital and we were allowed to invest in Benchmark mutual funds. Made a decent return of 92+ lakhs /9.2 million rs in 4 days ;-). Got selected in the final round (top 10) and went to JB today.
Here the real story begins ….
Reached JB at 1:15 for a 2 pm event. Attended Prahlad Kakkar’s talk on role of MBA’s in film industry. Had to leave mid way… Actually expected much more from a Prahald Kakkar’s talk but on a positive note got some insight on role of MBA in media.



Now the event … we were told to design a complete mutual fund with an offer document in 3 hrs flat. I lost half an hour lappy problems. Couldn’t connect to net. JBIMS guys Bijoy Shah and Hardik Shah helped us a lot. Quite cool guys actually  ;-)… Made a diversified portfolio with large cap and mid cap stocks . In the presentation I project my mutual fund as diversified fund with a mixture of high return large cap and mid cap stocks , In portfolio analysis judge pointed out that I had on 12% allocation to mid cap ;-( and my MF was a large cap fund . Accepted the point gracefully. And completed the presentation much better that I had hoped for .


What did I gain from fund of funds …. met some guys from the best B schools in India , I was the Youngest guy in the final and the only first year guy ;-) (confidence level add on)


Hope this helps for the Preparation for next years contest season 



Currently have 2 comments:

  1. paul says:

    cool man , 92lacs in 4 days awesome. Wish life was this real

  1. Hey Tom
    Great going man... I never knew you were among the finalists!!!Good luck !!